- guerrilla screenings (see below)
- unauthorised locations
- random playlists
- limited audience
- progressive, disruptive, productive
- films made after January 1st 2020
- maximum length of film – 3 minutes
- $3 entry fee – no waivers / no refunds
- we only accept experimental films – everything else is rejected
XPRMNTL film festival #3 – 26/11/21
XPRMNTL disrupts a poetry event.
Someone asks if we are on next.
‘We are the future,’ we tell them.
They walk away.
Unable to see beyond tonight.
xprmntl film festival #2 – 18/11/21
XPRMNTL sets up in London E17. Brick wall. Traffic. Beauty.
It attracts an audience of at least 4.
Somebody asks to see our permit.
He records us.
‘It’s causing a disturbance,’ he says.
xprmntl film festival #1 – 28/08/21
Secretly set up screening in football pub.
Nobody is interested in us, or our films.
After 30 mins the landlord approaches.
‘What’s all this?’ he demands.
‘We don’t ask for permission,’ we answer.
He throws us out.
xprmntl film festival is up and running.